Saturday, October 5, 2013

How Not to Run a Business like #GNC

GNC (General Nutrition Center) is a retail store that sells health products. They compete with Vitamin Shoppe in the NYC area.

I recently went in to purchase a box of low carb cereal. They did have a product but at the cash register I had a frustrating experience.

First they try to sell me a membership card for $15 that gives me discounts. I probably should have bought one a while ago, but I didn't. It didn't seem right to charge me money to save money. So strike one. I'm pissed off.

Then the cashier asks if I want to donate money to charity. I feel awkward saying no but I say it anyway. Strike two.

Then I'm asked if I want to leave my email address to receive coupons. NO!!! Strike three.

Then, "would you like to by some vitamins?" NOOOOO!!!!!!

And finally "did you get everything you're looking for?" I would have asked. Don't ask me such a stupid questions.

I hope GNC studied the gain from these schemes to the good will they lose. I don't think I'm going back there.

What has your experience been?

No comments:

Post a Comment